This look was inspired by one of my favorite movies, Dirty Dancing – specifically this scene. I love Baby’s laid-back take on preppy style in this movie, and when I found this top in my drawer (from oh circa 2008), I knew I had to pair it with white jeans…
1. My version of a suit: 1984 by George Orwell t-shirt (via Out of Print clothing), Cynthia Steffe trousers, BCBG blazer, Franco Sarto heels (all old)
2. More office attire… Jay Godfrey peplum dress (in blue), vintage scarf, Linea Pelle belt (old)
3. DVF heart-print dress – what I wore on Valentine’s Day
4. Wrist candy – new Presh wrap bracelet thanks to the best mom in the world
7. Buttoned up at work with Threads blouse, BCBG Blazer, and BaubleBar necklace (all old)
8. Shades of pink for Spring: LOFT trousers, H&M blouse, Elie Tahari blazer, J.Crew necklace, BCBG pumps (all old)
Follow me on Instagram at Hillary_ChristineB
When I left for work, the manfriend commented “You look so professional.” It could have just been his sleepy stupor talking, because had I been wearing pajamas and fuzzy slippers, he may have said the same thing. I kid. Anyway, this outfit started out great, but then wrinkles kicked in and this is what I ended up with by the end of the day… The old sloppy professional look (Sorry, Mommy).
Happy Friday, everyone! Have a great weekend.